Pine Creek National Tech Honor Society
The Pine Creek
chapter of the NTHS was founded in 2011 with the goals of:
achievement, scholarship, good character, ethical practices, and leadership in
Pine Creek students
an interest in and the pursuit of technology education and careers in Pine
collaboration and collegiality among Pine Creek technology students and with the
greater Pine Creek community
Membership Selection Considerations:
Membership in NTHS is an honor bestowed on students selected for their accomplishments in technology and in overall academic achievement. The NTHS bylaws set forth the minimum requirements for acceptance into NTHS as:
- Students must be in their sophomore, junior, or senior year of school.
- A minimum weighted overall GPA as well as a technology GPA of 3.30 prior to induction (on a 4.0 scale) .
- Demonstration of the NTHS characteristics of: a desire to pursue an education and/or career in a technical field; scholastic achievement; honesty; dependability; responsibility; high quality task performance and pride in work performed; cooperation and ability to work well with others; interest in learning; initiative; leadership; and citizenship.
- Enrollment in Pine Creek technology class(es) in the current school year.
- Timely completion of an application packet (see above).
There are FBLA competitions in:
- 3D Animation (I, T)
- Coding & Programming (I)
- Computer Game & Simulation Programming (I, T)
- Computer Problem Solving (I)
- Cybersecurity (I)
- Database Design & Applications (I)
- Digital Video Production (I, T)
- Graphic Design (I, T)
- Mobile Apps Development (I, T)
- Network Design (T)
- Networking Concepts (I)
- Website Design (I, T)
(I = Individual competition, T = Team competition)
Lockheed Martin CodeQuest: An international coding competition for high school students. Advanced and Novice divisions. Students can code in Java or C++. Held each mid- to late-April in Denver/Littleton. See Gardiner for info.
2019 - 2020 NTHS Officers:
President - Eugin Pahk
Vice President - Blake Raphael
Treasurer - Jordyn Duffy
Secretary - Hojin Han
2019 - 2020 Lettering Requirements:
Meeting Attendance: 6 meetings (or 80%)
Event/Activity Requirements: 4 events (or 60%)
Automatic lettering: NTHS officers in good standing and NTHS members who compete in FBLA events
(includes graduation honor cord)
NTHS Application Packet 2019-2020.pdf
Application Packet for School Year 2019 - 2020
All applications must be completed and turned in to Ms. Denise Gardiner in Room 223 by Wednesday, October 9, 2019.
NTHS Sponsor and Contact
Ms. Denise Gardiner