On April 9th, 2019, all 11th grade students attending public schools in Colorado will take the SAT or the SAT w/ Essay. (Registration deadline for SAT w/ Essay was Feb. 12, 2019).
Parents DO NOT need to register their students for the Colorado School Day SAT—all students in the 11th grade will automatically be registered. The only thing that 11th grade students must do to take this test is come to school on April 9th with a pencil, calculator, and an ID.
The questionnaire asks about you and your interests. This information is used for group reporting, for analysis to ensure the exams are fair for all groups, to connect you with potential colleges or scholarship opportunities, and for research. A primary benefit of completing the optional questionnaire is to opt in to Student Search Service® , which connects you to college and scholarship opportunities that reflect your interests. If you choose to participate in the optional questionnaire, the data you provide will be added to your College Board student record. Even if you choose not to participate in Student Search Service, your responses:
- Give counselors and college admission officers information to help you plan for the future. The more information you give, the more assistance they can give to you.
- Provide information to the College Board that is used to ensure the SAT is a fair and accurate test for all students.
- Contribute―when combined with responses of all other students taking the SAT―to an understanding of your graduating class. This lets colleges and universities deliver programs and opportunities to serve you and your classmates.
A pre-administration session will be held on Wednesday, March 20 during a special Activity Time at the beginning of the Green 2 block for students who choose to complete the optional questionnaire for the SAT.
- Consent forms are required for this optional questionnaire pre-administration session. Only students who have turned in consent forms, with their signatures and a parent's signature will be allowed to participate in this pre-administration session. Deadline: March 15, 2019.
- For more information on the optional questionnaire and the benefits of participating, please see the Student Data Consent form or the SAT School Day Student Guide.
PLEASE NOTE: Parents and students do not need to do anything for their students to take the SAT on Tuesday, April 9th. Only sign and return the Student Data Consent Form if you want your child to answer the optional Student Data Questionnaire during a pre-administration session.
Deadline for returning Student Data Consent forms is Friday, March 15th.
- Paper copies may be returned to Mrs. Koonce, Front Office Secretary.
- Electronic copies may be scanned and emailed to T.J. Airhart, School Assessment Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
ASD20 Testing Policy:
In accordance with the ASD20 administrative policy (IKA-R), parents who wish for their child(ren) to be exempt from participating in one or more state tests (for high school: PSAT 9, PSAT 10, SAT, and CMAS Science) must notify the School Assessment Coordinator of their child's school in writing.
- The deadline for submitting exemption notifications to the School Assessment Coordinators at Pine Creek High School is Friday, April 5, 2019.
- Exemption notifications can be emailed with this information included:
- Child's name
- Name of the specific test(s) to exempted from
For questions, please contact:
School Assessment Coordinator
SAT and PSAT 10
· (719) 234-2646
School Assessment Coordinator
PSAT 9 and CMAS Science
· (719) 234-2629